Modification of Orders Regarding Children’s Issues

Attorney Christine K. Lincoln understands circumstances can change post-divorce or after an order has already been put in place regarding your children. When your life or your child’s other parent’s life evolves, this can result in the need for a modification of your order or decree regarding visitation, custody, or rights and duties. To modify a court order there must be a change in circumstance. This could be a parent losing their job, developing a problem with alcohol or drugs, a parent moving, or special needs of the children that may have not previously existed. 

The life change may warrant the necessity of a modification to the visitation schedule, rights and duties of the children, or the support of the children. Child support modifications require specific circumstances and are discussed in more detail in the child support section of our website. 

Ultimately, the modification you are requesting must be in the best interest of the child.


What Clients Are Saying

We Are Here To Help You