Jump to Navigation

Mediation: Another Method to Resolve Disagreements without Going to Court

Once the divorce process is underway, a divorcing couple may find that they cannot agree on all or a few issues related to dividing their property and/or custody terms regarding their children. If this situation arises, which is quite common for couples going through a divorce, one option for resolving their disputes without going to court is to attend mediation. Typically, an attorney represents each spouse, but it is not required, and the parties and their attorneys meet at a mediator’s office, who is typically a practicing family law attorney who is familiar with the issues in dispute. The mediator helps to facilitate the parties reaching an agreement on their disputed issues. Many times the mediator will be able to assist the couples in reaching an agreement on all of their issues, but occasionally, the parties may be able to reach an agreement on 95% of their issues, leaving the remaining 5% for a judge to decide. In a situation such as this, mediation is still beneficial because the parties will spend much less on legal fees to bring a small issue to the judge as compared to bringing a number of disputed issues before a judge to decide.

Attorney Christine K. Lincoln

Christine K. Lincoln offers sound counsel and legal services to protect clients and their families facing divorce and other family disputes.

She will take the time to understand your individual needs and develop a comprehensive solution to protect your rights and interests.

Email Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information
disclaimer.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

close

Privacy Policy

Office Location

The Lincoln Law Firm, PLLC
12777 Jones Road, Suite 475
Houston, TX 77070
Phone: 281-970-9005
Fax: 832-645-7666
Map and Directions

Texas Divorce Attorneys, Mental Health Professionals, & Financial Planners